It’s been awhile since I’ve added on to my 100 Things About Me posts, started here. I was hoping I’d become more interesting with the passing months, but alas. I think I peaked at 25. Nevertheless, here’s another little look into the life of Kristen Glover (that’s me).
21) I play the flute. By “play,” I mean I have a flute, in my closet, where it’s been since high school. Sometimes I look at it.
22) After high school, I spent the better part of a year working with street kids and orphans in Mexico. I have a huge heart for foster care and adoption because of that experience.
23) Shortly after arriving in Mexico, my documentation was stolen, including my freshly-stamped visa, birth certificate, Social Security card, and driver’s license. You’ve probably never known anyone who was an illegal alien on that side of the boarder. Good thing I blend in.
24) I have not reconciled my differences with cockroaches after spending many weeks working in a border-town orphanage. Similarly, I will never own a pet rat.
25) I threw out the book Crickwing. I did not even feel guilty about it.
26) I keep Tabasco sauce in my purse. It fends off cockroaches. It’s also yummy.
27) After Mexico, I went back to the Philippines, and after the Philippines, I went to college (finally) in Chicago.
28) I packed 4 years of college into 2 ½. I graduated summa cum laude with a degree in Print Media Communications.
29) In other words, I wrote stuff–quickly–and drank a lot of coffee. I think I also planned a wedding.
30) I paid my way through college by working as a nanny for some of the most generous people I have ever known. As a bonus for playing with their sweet little boy in the evenings and weekends, they paid for my last semester of college. All these years later, that little boy still toddles into my dreams. I think often of that family with immense gratitude. May God return many blessings upon them!
Coming soon(er)! Ten more things about me!
Leave a Reply